Website Strata Networks
Strata Networks is accepting applications for a full-time CATV Advanced Line Technician/ Hybrid Fiber Coax Plant Technician.
The primary job responsibilities of the CATV Advanced Line Technician are to provide maintenance on the coaxial plant. Sweep the cable plant on a regular schedule. Troubleshoot and make repairs on the coaxial plant along with designing and building out the plant when needed. They will also provide secondary support for the Install/Line Technicians.
- Monitor plant daily for any signal leakage issues, troubleshoot, and proactively repair issues.
- Troubleshoot and repair fiber, trunk, and distribution problems associated with power levels, RF, AC, and DC on the forward and reverse plant.
- Perform emergency restoration of service.
- Balance and sweep the coax amplifiers regularly to keep ahead of fluctuations due to temperature changes.
- Build out COAX plant as needed.
- Manage worksite according to high safety standards, including setting up traffic control signage and following safety procedures with all work equipment.
- Provide second-tier support for the installation technicians and must have the ability to do installs when needed or when called upon.
- Provide a high level of customer service and reflect the highest brand standards.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience as a Line Technician
- Sweeping experience on a Remote Phy Plant
- Familiarity with Harmonic Remote Phy, Docsis 3.1, IPTV, Broadband only plant, HFC Fiber to the Node, Viavi Meters
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activities including, but not limited to, lifting objects weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to climb and work at elevations, from ladders, poles, gaffs, and lift trucks.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and will be standing most of the day.
- The employee must be physically able to safely operate various machinery and equipment, including shovels, rakes, sledgehammers, pickaxes, company vehicles, and other telecommunications or construction equipment.
- Compensation: $25-$40 per hour
- Employee discounts on services (i.e., wireless & internet)
- Wellness Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- 401k retirement
- Generous PTO program
- Employee recognition programs
- EAP Program
- Drug testing and background checks will be required.
- A valid Utah driver’s license is required.
Applications can be accessed and submitted to https://www.stratanetworks.com/about-us/careers or picked up from the business offices.
Applications may also be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (435) 622-0033. For questions concerning employment opportunities, contact the HR Department at (435) 622-5007
To apply for this job please visit forms.stratanetworks.com.